Pure Science. It is the heart of our organization and the DNA of the people who make a career at Invitrogen. Each day, we put the vast potential of biology into action, devising technologies and providing services critical to life science research as well as drug discovery, development and production.
Our labs and offices are infused with entrepreneurial energy and intellectual curiosity that foster questions and answers that produce real-world results in laboratories across the globe. In fact, many of the greatest medical discoveries of the last two decades were made using Invitrogen products, including the discovery of the AIDS virus, advancements in cancer treatment, and the development of tools to assist in stem cell research.
If you too have a passion for science and the business of biotech, please consider this opportunity:
Product Stewardship Specialist located either in Carlsbad, CA, Frederick, MD, or Madison, WI.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Support all elements for Global Product Stewardship and Compliance. This role includes, but is not limited to:
- MSDS development and authoring
- Conduct quality audits of all product safety data (MSDS, Labeling, etc)
- Global MSDS distribution
- Participate in overseeing global hazardous transportation compliance (DOT, IATA, TDG, ADR, IMDG) with DG Coordinator and Distribution.
- Active involvement in the New Product Introduction:
- Performing all Product Safety actions required for the New Product Launch process including product hazard classifications and warnings that drive product label content and transportation
- Participation in Enterprise Resource Planning Design and Implementation
- Participation in Product Life Cycle Management Design and Implementation
- Executing communication and data transfer strategies between Product Stewardship, ERP, and Product Lifecycle Management teams.
- Participate in all aspects of the MSDS Authoring Process, including
- Creation of new templates
- Regulatory interpretation
- Inter and Intra-departmental communication
- Monthly Reporting
- Support corporate acquisitions related to product safety and DG transportation.
- Maintain awareness of all pertinent international regulations that impact product safety communication.
- Maintain compliance solutions for international chemical control laws, (e.g. REACH) and labeling requirements (e.g. GHS).
- Represent the company in communication with regulatory agencies in regards to product labeling and representation.
- Interact with QA/RA groups on all product use determinations and interpretations.
- Conduct and contribute to training of cross functional teams.
- Maintain a commitment to honesty, model social, ethical, and organizational values, and adhere to the corporate protocol.
The applicant will have a minimum of 2 years in Product Safety or Stewardship programs. They will be result oriented with advanced technical skills in analytical problem solving. Team and consensus building abilities are also mandatory.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Possess proven strategic planning, program development and project management skills.
- Have demonstrated competence in working with complex MSDS authoring software packages, e.g. WERCS, Ariel, etc.
- Be driven to perfection and maintain the highest level of professional integrity.
- Be able to attain IATA/49 CFR certification for hazardous transportation.
- Possess a relevant background in EHS, Biology, Chemistry and/or Toxicology
- Have experience with international chemical registration legislation.
- Have excellent verbal, written, and computer skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate concepts and analytical solutions using a variety of methods.
- Use time effectively through establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently
To apply please go to our website at www.invitrogen.com/careers and apply to requisition 2241.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.