The Dow Chemical Company has a challenging opportunity for Senior Improvement Specialist within Dow's Hazard Communication Group in EH&S, located in Midland, Michigan (virtual office options may be available). Hazard Communication supports Dow's license to sell through proactive and effective classification and communication of the hazards and risks for products. Our mission is to provide quality and timely material safety data sheets and label content, with the shipment of all Dow products that comply with Dow requirements, local governmental regulations and business needs and to support and provide other strategic forms of hazard communication.
This role will support the effective hazard communication compliance requirements for a global work process and organization. The scope expands across all businesses and geographies. The person in this role will lead identification and resolution of work process improvements, work process integration efforts and global projects, including key activities supporting Dow's transformation goals. Close interaction with the hazard communication work process owner will be required. Other key duties include:
- Identify and lead improvements in hazard communication work process to most efficiently meet client cycle time needs with minimal costs and full compliance.
- Lead identification of Asia Pacific and Latin America hazard communication needs and most effective work process integration.
- Identify hazard communication needs for market facing businesses and implement work process for support of these needs.
- Ensure value adding metrics are in place and result in least amount of effort to maintain.
BS degree in Chemistry, Biology or science related field and a minimum of five years of experience in a product safety related role is required. Strong project leadership and communication skills, with the ability to work with teams and people across geographies and functions is also required. Successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate a proven track record of driven results.
At Dow, we are harnessing the power of science and technology to improve the lives of people around the world. We are accomplishing this by empowering our people - the Human Element - to lead change. To recognize their outstanding efforts and contributions, we offer a total rewards package which is considered top tier in our industry.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in different locations
** To officially apply for this position, please visit our website, www.careersatdow.com, and search by using job number 0801466. Good luck!
Clint Shephard, M.B.A.
Workforce Planning - U.S. National Recruiter
The Dow Chemical Company
Employee Development Center
Midland, MI 48674
Phone: (989) 638-1897
Toll Free: (800) 248-6702, ext. 9
Fax: (989) 636-3674
View our current job openings at www.careersatdow.com